PHILOSOPHY OF POLITICAL HISTORY, THEORY AND PRACTICE
- Political philosophy, past and present; past and current political principles of politics.
POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES IN THE MODERN WORLD
- Anarchism, communism, capitalism, Marxism, socialism, conservatism, liberalism, nationalism, environmentalism.
POLITICAL ETHICS AND SOCIOLOGY
- Citizen participation in politics, liberty, human rights, equality, identity, structure of society, gender, public opinion, ethics.
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND POLICY
- Governmental decision-making: regulations, systems and practices to implement decisions, distribution of resources, evaluation of results.
ELECTIONS AND LEGISLATIVE PROCESSES
- Voting, campaigning, election process, information delivery by mass media in the political process.
HISTORY AND THEORY OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- Theories of leadership, and social construction, and history.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS CONCEPTS
- National sovereignty and interests, power, interdependence of states, individuals.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS
- Interstate groups, economic institutions, legal organizations, security on a regional basis, status of NGOs.
- Methods and strategies; political system types, comparison of systems.
- Politics of developing and developed countries; European state integration; national and foreign policies.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND MAINTAINING POLITICAL ORDER
- War and peace; changing areas of conflict; emergence and destruction of states; areas of conflict; refugees; nationalism; terrorism; ethnic conflict; role of the military.