HISTORY OF ARCHITECTURE
- Prehistory, Early Civilizations, Greece, Rome, The East, Rock-cut Architecture, religious art: Early Christian Churches, Buddhist.
- Islam, Middle Ages, 15th–19th century.
- Architectural Design values, pattern language, mathematics, proportion, space syntax, architectural critique.
- Modern and Postmodern Architecture, International Style, Deconstructivism, Brutalism.
- Architectural and technical Drawing; Project: management, cost, building code, regulations.
- Environmental conditions, control systems, responsive technologies, actuators, sensors, adaptation.
ARCHITECTURE AND SOCIETY
- Changing role; space usage: social function and interaction, composition.
- Professional standards and responsibility; existing structure reuse and transformation, innovative and progressive approaches; design: interior, structural systems.
- Urban planning and design, parks and recreation, site use planning, environmental restoration, storm water management.
- Structure construction, design, materials, changing technology; plumbing, heating, air conditioning and ventilation; rain gutter systems.
ARCHITECTURE, GRAPHICS AND INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
- Definitions, process, product usability, and functionality; history.
ARCHITECTURE AND URBANISM
- Cities: sustainable, habitable; urban planning; intelligent building, and architecture.
- History; design: ceramics, graphics, glass art.
- Design: engineering, process, products, art, textiles.
DESIGN AS A PROCESS
- The Rational Model; sequences: survey, design development, plans and specifications, drawings.
DESIGN AS A METHOD
- Methods, synthesis, evaluation, tactics, and decisions.
- Management of complex structures.
SOCIOTECHNICAL ISSUES IN DESIGN
- After design considerations, globally sustainable, consumer products and services, social networks.
PHILOSOPHIES AND STUDIES OF DESIGN
- Design: philosophies, approaches, methods.